One should always keep in mind the vivid climate of India while packing their bags for the country.
India usually has hot climate from March to November, but it varies in different regions due to diverse topography of the country. The period from March to June is usually very hot in most parts of the countries except in hill stations, and extreme north of the country.
From June end till November the country has monsoon season when the temperature stars dipping, and after November till February their is cold climate in most parts of the country.
Following is the information about climate in various parts of the country”:
- Western Himalayas: Shimla’s weather is usually cold in winter, and it is pleasant in summers too. Srinagar is cold and damp in winters but s pleasant from March to June. Manali and Gulmarg usually have several feet of snow in winters, and Ladhak have extremely cold temperature all year round. Hence warmer clothes are advised in winter and light to medium weight clothes in summers.
- Northern plain: This region usually has hot weather in from march to November, when light clothes are suitable, and it has cold weather in winters, when woolens are appropriate.
- Central India: Temperature is very high here in summers, and the place has heavy rainfall in monsoon from June to November, hence waterproofing is advisable. Evenings are cold in winters.
- Western India: There is good amount of rainfall in monsoon from mid-June till September end, and the weather is pleasant from November to February. Evenings are cold in the winters.
- Southeast India: Temperature is usually hot and humid, all year round with heavy rains.
- Southwest India: Temperatures are not as high as northern India, but humidity levels are usually high. And there is nice weather from November to March.
- Northeast India: Weather is most pleasant from March to June, when there are very less rains, otherwise this region of India usually witness heavy rains all the time.