Nationals from the following countries require a passport and a visa for traveling to India:
5. Other EU
- Passport should be valid for at least 190 days.
- Nationals belonging to countries other than the above-mentioned countries can contact embassies to know the Visa requirements.
- Visit to certain parts of the country is restricted or protected and requires prior permission from the concerned authorities. While applying for a visa, any intention to visit such places can be mentioned and you would get the required permission with the visa only.
Application for visa: Application is to be submitted at the embassy or the high commission. Personal application is usually processed in one day, whereas application through a visa center takes 2 to 3 working days to process, a postal application takes 10 days, and it may take 20-25 days where referrals are needed.
Types of Visas
Tourist Visa: These types of visa are best suited for individuals who are interested in visiting India as a tourist. Tourist visa is valid for the period of 6 months.
Student Visa- The students who wish to study in India require student visa for taking admission in any course. Generally a student visa is granted to the students who furnish their proof of admission in any accredited Universities/Institutions of India.
Employment Visa - The professionals who wish to work in India require Employment visa. Employment Visa can be obtained on furnishing the proof of employment with any registered company of India.
Transit Visa - Transit Visa is valid for maximum period of 72 hours in India within 5 days from the date of issue and it must be obtained before the departure. It should be noted that transit Visa cannot be obtained from immigration counters at the airports of India.
Business Visa- Individuals who wish to establish his/her business in India require business visa. Business Visa is generally granted for 3 or 6 months. While multiple-entry Business Visa is valid up to 2 years. This type of visa is generally granted to technicians/experts arriving to India in pursuance of bilateral agreements or joint venture projects having government approval.
Other Important information related to Indian Visas:
- The visitor must possess a passport with a validity of more than six months from the date of departure.
- Visa on Arrival is not permissible in India and the traveler must ensure that he/she obtain a valid visa before departure.
- Special permits is required for visiting certain parts of the country. Assam, North-Eastern Frontier States of Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh, border areas of Jammu & Kashmir, Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan, Union Territories of Andaman and Lakshadweep Islands require special permissions from the authorities.
- It should be noted that citizens from all countries except the countries of Nepal and Bhutan require Indian visa to visit the county. However citizens of Maldives do not require any visa unless and until they stay for a period of 90 days. But beyond 90 days, they also require a valid visa.